Photo: Tyrologos Canyon. Argithea Karditsa Greece
by: Maroulis Chrysanthos.
Recycling electrical appliances is important both for upgrading our quality of life and for protecting the environment, protecting our health and saving energy and natural resources.
It is therefore important that appliances do not end up in the trash or in landfills.
Benefits of recycling:
- It requires less energy and therefore less carbon dioxide (CO2) is emitted into the atmosphere.
- It increases the lifetime of existing landfills and evenly spreads the costs of sorting waste.
- It saves time and money by replacing appliances with more energy efficient models
- It provides opportunities for the development of research and commercial innovations with positive effects on the economy and the environment.
- It keeps away waste containing hazardous substances such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc. that have hazardous effects on the environment and public health.
- It makes more efficient use of the country’s natural resources within the framework of the EU strategy for a smooth transition of the economy.